Monday, February 15, 2016

Great Expectations

The thing about expectations is that without meaning to, we create our own heartbreaks through expectations.

If anything at all, over the years that I have been laying low, what I have learned is that serenity comes when you trade expectations to acceptance.

Right... who am I kidding? I've gone all Confucius and Lao Tze.

I keep hearing my friends telling me not to have any expectations, especially when it comes to relationships. They say to have hope, but never to expect. If we do not expect anything from anyone, we can never be disappointed.

And I understand the point that they are trying to make.

But how is that even realistic? How can we not have expectations?

So I say go ahead. Set those expectations as high as you want them to be.

BUT

Never allow your world to fall apart when the subject of your expectations couldn't pull through ask how you had hoped it would be.

As for me, the simple truth is that, sometimes, we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them.

But if you do have expectations, then expect for great things to come to you. That is the only way to go...


No comments: