Monday, December 28, 2009

Soon Coming

This is my New Year Countdown.

Can’t actually believe there’s only three days left of 2009. New Year has always been a big deal to me. Some say that it’s just another day, another tomorrow. What’s with the big celebration? You live like you have today and get through another 365 days.But that's just it, on a personal level, it denotes a milestone of life. Another year. Yesterdays to learn from and tomorrows to look forward to.

I may not celebrate it on a grand scale, no fireworks, no parties, no jumping around screaming Happy New Year but I do try to welcome a new year on a more subtle gesture. Dinner with closest friends, road trips with my sisters and sometimes just a round of teh tarik at the nearest mamak.

New Years are always a big deal to me, it’s a reflection of what I have achieved, of what there is still to achieve, of what I have gained and of what I have lost.

This year, I’m counting down the New Year with a twist. Some sort of a compilation perhaps. If not for anything else, it is for me at least to remember and reflect of where I had been this 2009. You have to know where you’ve been, to know where you’re going.

A little reminder for me, of the naked truth, the good and promises of The Future.

Now, let’s just hope that I can actually stick to the promised three day writing.

2 comments:

DrSam said...

New year comes and new year goes...wishing all your dreams come true.

Sir Pök Déng said...

Selamat Tahun Baru 2010, Cinta. May your promises will be strictly obeyed. He he.