Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shower Time.


We knew each other from our moonlighting days at the Blue Network. I played the songs and she read the news. Our only communication back then was when it was time for me to patch her through the airwaves. "Hey K, you ready? 2 minutes." That was about it, except maybe a few occasional smiles and acknowledging nods across the corridors. I left the station and she left a few months later. I thought that was it. She would just be another person from another chapter in my life until we were re-introduced again by a mutual friend about 2 years back. Only then did we actually start to become friends.
K has an interesting life story, but it's not my story to tell. She is an extremely independent and opinionated woman. She is also one of those women who fights and perseveres. K is loyal. A loyal friend and a loyal partner. Once she decides that she cares, be rest assured that K would have your back. She is a pillar of strength to many friends and I love her. She has also been trying to have a baby for the past 8 years.
So when our friend The fairy Godmother called to tell me the news and that K is taking me up on my offer to host her baby shower, I was ecstatic. Too happy to string proper sentences, my words came out incoherently. Happy- that- I- felt- like- dancing- out –in- the- street- happy. So K, I am honored to be hosting your baby shower. I promise you that the shower will be a reflection of how loved you are by us and also of the coming addition to your life and ours.
Time for me to get out my planner and start surfing those baby shower websites again. I love you K and I couldn't be happier for you. Counting down the days till the little one makes his/her appearance.

No comments: